I’ve summarized the tips outlined in this helpful video. I hope you find something of value. Thanks to the helpful instructor who passed this on.
- Use the space bar to scroll down a page on the web.
Shift + Space to scroll up.
- Use the Tab key to go to between boxes on forms to fill in online.
When there’s a pop-up menu for your state or country, type the first initial repeatedly to get to the right letter.
- For viewing bigger text on your screen: press + with the Control (or command) key or minus for smaller text.
Press Space bar twice to end a sentence (iPhone, Android, Windows phone, BlackBerry)
Adds a period, inserts one space, and capitalizes the
- All Cellphones
Tap the Call or Dial key to call up the last number dialed.
(On a non-smartphone, opens a list of all recent numbers)
- Interrupt the voicemail message by pressing the carrier’s interrupt key:
- Verizon: *
- AT&T-Mobile: #
- Sprint: l
- Google Stunts
“Define” to find the meaning of any word.
- Flight tracking. Type the name of the airline and the flight for details.
- Unit conversion. Type in eg: inches in 32cm.
10. Four Text Basics
- Double-click to highlight a word.
- Don’t delete! Just type over it.
- Double-click/drag to select in one-word chunks.
- Triple-click to highlight a paragraph.
How to eliminate shutter lag completely: half-press the shutter button to pre-focus.
Press the B key to black out the slide. Press again to return to slide.
(W key for whiteout)